Our controls (RTF-2-HTML and
Cryptocx) do not immediately show up in the Delphi 5 palette, this is due to a bug in
Delphi 5. Here is the workaround for this bug in Delphi 5:
1. Open Delphi5 and install the Component as per Delphi
instructions (Component/Import ActiveX Control), knowing that it will
NOT appear on the palette.
Note the Delphi package that you are adding the component to. It
will have to be recompiled after the
type library is modified.
2. Choose "File/Close All" in Delphi.
3. Choose "File/Open" and set the "files of
type" drop down to "Type Library".
Browse to and open the latest ( and registered version of your VB
4. Select the "CoClass" item in the left pane (book with
a red sphere on top of a box)
and the "Flags" notebook tab.
5. Check off the "Can Create" box, as VB doesn't check
this by default and Delphi
6. Choose "File/Save As" from the Delphi menu. Change the
file extension from .ocx to .tlb
and save it in the "Program Files\Borland\Delphi5\Imports"
7. Choose "File/Close All" in Delphi.
8. Choose "Project\Import Type Library" and choose the
component and package destination
as necessary. It should warn that the type library already exists.
Allow the overwrite.
9. When you recompile the package, it should indicate that the
component palette has been
updated as a result of the recompilation. Close the project and
you should be ready to access the component from the palette now.